Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas, Chocolates, & SKYPE

Feliz Navidad!

(I´m in denial that Christmas is over) So I loved Christmas here! Seriously it was so perfect. :) Here in Mexico instead of going to bed early Christmas eve everyone stays up all night and parties and then Santa comes the night of Christmas day.

Displaying DSCN0352.JPG
Someone's nativity, it's all of Bethlehem!
Yes our neighbors partied all night long... Luckily I slept through most of it.

We worked like normal on Christmas day until 6 and I got to Skype my family!!! I love you guys...

Haha Hermana Ludlam says that all of us (except Sarah) move and talk and have the same manerisms. I had never noticed that before, but ha I guess I had to come from somewhere. ;) After we had dinner with the Familia Martinez. It was a fantastic Christmas.

Familia Tzul - Almuerzo Christmas Day
Other things that happened this week:

We accidentally locked our keys inside our house. On the Noche Buena (Christmas eve) of course, and realized it like two visits after we had left the house. We managed to get a window open and could see the keys but couldn´t get to them... -_- But with the help of a PVC pipe we totally broke in all by ourselves...Not sure how I feel about the fact that is was that easy to break-in but you know.. haha

So we totally tried to contact this American family (in English!!) and it was so hard! I could have normal conversation in English (more or less...) but to try and contact and teach in English was a struggle. (I´m stuck in this no-man´s-land of Spanglish. I don´t really speak Spanish but I can´t speak real English either....hah.) Also, rejection is worse in English for some reason.

Yesterday we had an interesting Santa Cena.. hah. What I thought was just dark bread turned out to be this brownie thing. haha. I think we should have it for Sacrament every week. Also we spoke in sacrament meeting. First time I´ve had to speak in Spanish...it was...well I don´t really know how it turned out, but I did it!

So we lost one of our investigators who was really close to baptism. She literally left in the middle of the night to go live with her ex again...*sigh* But we have found a couple more families this week and have a couple families who are really close to baptism. And I love them :)

Honestly there is so much JOY in this work. I see the gospel changing people every single day, and it´s miraculous really. The gospel is miraculous. Through Christ we can return to live with our Heavenly Father again, we have hope and life and love and a plan for eternity. What a gift.

Merry Christmas! I love you all!


¡Vale la pena!

Hermana Wilson
Displaying DSCN0350.JPG
Part of our Christmas bounty, the members really take care of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment