Monday, March 21, 2016

Nicole, Mérida, & the Plan


What does one write after their last full week as a missionary....I´m not entirely sure. I could tell you about my week:

-the Bishop bought us food every night in a last ditch effort to send me home fat
-for the anniversary of the Relief Society there was a stake activity and every ward danced a jarana. #IloveMexico #lajaranaeselbailedeYucatan 
Relief Society Anniversary: Barrio Quintero
Con mi terno.....just kidding it´s not mine.
-Nicole got baptized. And it was beautiful. I love that family that is on its way to being eternal. 
-I hit 18 months.
-The Bishop made me speak in sacrament meeting. #Ididn´tcry #maybeIwantedto
-Flaviano and his sister Lucía came to church again. #he´sgonesixtimes
-We taught a man named Alfredo. He came to church. And now he wants to get baptized as soon as possible. 

Zona Brisas
It was a great week. And it made me realize exactly how much I am going to miss this beautiful, hard, crazy, amazing experience that is the mission. I learned so much and I feel like I have lived a thousand lives beneath the Mérida sun. I can´t even begin to explain it all, but this is what I know:

I know that God lives. I know He is our Father, and that He loves us and knows us personally. I know that He has a plan for each one of us, and that His plan is perfect. I know that He can do more with us than we could ever do on our own. I know that Christ is our Savior and that His Atonement can rescue us from both the obscurity of sin and the darkness of trials and sorrows. I know that this Church is true. I know it was restored through a prophet of God, and that we have the fulness of the gospel of Christ. I know that I needed to come to Mérida to find the God´s plan for me, and I´m just begining to understand it. And I plan on searching out this plan for the rest of my life. 

I know these things to be true. I don´t know everything but I know enough. 


¡Vale la pena!

Hermana Wilson

Obispo Parra

Our daughter

My super cute daughters.


No comments:

Post a Comment