Monday, December 1, 2014

Cambios, Lentes, & Miembros

¡Buenas Tardes!

I´m not entirely sure how, but it´s Lunes....errr Monday again. (My brain only speaks Spanglish). Time is going by SO SO SO fast. I´m almost done with my first cambio in the field!! I´m really hoping (and praying) that I get to stay with Hermana Ludlam in Chuburná for the next transfer so fingers crossed!! 

So this week...

The members have started to share the gospel for themselves!!! The biggest problem here is that the members say they don´t know anyone so we´ve been trying to encourage them to get to know their neighbors, talk about the gospel in normal conversations, and go about doing good. AND THEY´RE LISTENING!! We have some who are passing out cards and pamphlets, others started up conversations that are leading towards Noches de Hogar, others are inviting people to their homes. I just know that this is going to lead to big results. We´re planting right now but soon we´re going to harvest.

​Hna Graciella Pool
​Hna Norma Mull
With a combine. :) (Farming joke)

We´ve got some great investigators too! I don´t know what we´re doing differently but we´ve finally got people who want to change and are keeping their commitments (minus going to church, had a grand total of 0 again this week -_-) and progressing. It´s so exciting to see the changes that they´re beginning to see in their own lives. 

Ahhhhh EVERYONE NEEDS THIS GOSPEL! 

I´ve also had my heart broken this week. We had a great little family who for one reason or another decided to drop us, and it KILLED me. They just couldn´t change, even though that´s what they need to do to solve their problems. It is so hard when I KNOW that I have what they need and they won´t accept it. 

Agency. I am learning about agency right now, we all have our choice. They can choose to accept or reject our message. But I am choosing to share it so they can have the opportunity to make that choice for themselves.
​Hna Delfina Molina

Hna Leydi Negron
In other news, we had INTERCAMBIOS this week! I went with Hna Castro to her area Terranova for a day (evening, night, morning, afternoon). I really enjoyed it, and I learned a lot from Hna Castro. She´s awesome. Love her.

But I also realized how much I love my compañera. Haha we think the same way so it´s so easy to be on the same page as her and teach together. Love Hermana Ludlam!!

During intercambios we ate with a member and he asked me to take out my colored lenses because my eyes were freaking him out...haha Not a lot of people with blue eyes here (even Hna Ludlam has brown eyes). Also, on another random note, I get so many questions here about my birthmark. Like more than I ever have before. 

Mexicans aren´t shy to point out differences. haha I love them. 

Welp... I am loving life here in Mexico! And enjoying the fact that I´m not walking through the snow here. ;) haha Enjoy winter!! Love you all, love this gospel, love my Savior, Jesucristo.


¡Vale la pena!

Hermana Wilson
​Hno Manuel
Carlos, Javier, Hna Ludlam, Hna Wilson, Hna Melvi

No comments:

Post a Comment