Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Bats, Rats, & a Scorpion on a Mission

¡Hola!

Soo...I love being a missionary. We´ve been praying and working really hard to find families and this was like the week of families! We have like four families who either have baptismal dates or are at least thinking about one. It´s AWESOME! Haha. We have investigators who are progressing (5 in the chapel this week), and I absolutely love them.

Displaying IMG_0605[1].JPG

It´s really easy to love people who want to learn. hah. It makes my job so much easier.

This has been the week of weird creatures though. I finally realized that the things flying around every night are not birds...they´re bats. And the things rustling in the trash bags...those are the rats. And one night we were walking home and there was this lone scorpion walking down the sidewalk like he had somewhere to be. Also there was a cockroach in my shelf last night....yeah we killed him good.

Also I LOVE CHRISTMAS! We had our Devocional Navideño yesterday and it was awesome. We sang as a zone...I had a solo...hah... And I saw all my people from the MTC! And then Hna Ludlam and I sang in the talent show and I have a video...but it´s too big to send. :( You all will just have to wait to hear our gloriousness...


Presidente talked about how we all need to become more like Christ. Christ said we need to be people even as He is, and I´ve thought a lot about that lately. I want to BE like Christ, not just do missionary things because I´m a missionary. I realize that I have long ways to go, but "I´m trying to be like Jesus" (hum along if you know that song).
Our "First Baptism" Sergito! (Presidente´s grandson who got baptized in our ward last week)

It´s a big project. hah.

Anyway...I know that Christ is the best gift our Heavenly Father could have given us, and we all need to discover, accept, and share that gift. And that when we do that we can have REAL joy and REAL peace and REAL hope in our lives right now, and eternal life after. But it´s only possible through Christ.

Displaying IMG_0604[1].JPG

I love you all! Merry Christmas & Feliz Navidad!


¡Vale la pena!

Hermana Wilson
Ceviche! Yes that is octopus. Yes I enjoyed it immensely. :) 
Familia Polanco & Their Delicious Ceviche

No comments:

Post a Comment