Monday, June 1, 2015

Transfer 6: Chuburná 2

Best Things...
-Knowing your area like the back of your hand.

Worst Things...
-Knowing your area like the back of your hand.
-Transfers at 10 sunday night.

Things that are working for me...
-Spray sunscreen. Buy some! 

I wish I would have known...
-Bring dry shampoo. My hair is gross after a day of sweating. But seriously though. Sweat. 
-DON´T buy the plastic shoes here and if you do buy a size bigger because if they are at all tight (and you have messed up feet like me) they TEAR UP your feet and then your companion tells you you look like the missionary from the Other Side of Heaven (when the rats ate the bottom of his feet). Buy plastic shoes in the states. #Nuffsaid

Food...
-Costco food tastes the same in Mexico. 
-Mangos, can we talk about how much I love mangos??? 
-There are so many weird fruits here that I can´t even explain them all...but I love almost all of them. #Almost

Fun Facts about Mexico/This Mission...
-I don´t know if I´ve mentioned this, but all the last names here are so weird (well not weird...just not what I think when I think Mexican names) like Chi, Dzab, Tzul, Xequeb, Poot, Pech...etc. 
-Everyone calls me doll here...I´m not a barbie!!!!

Weather...
-It is hot!!!! Like above 105 every single day....And then it was like 110 for a week. They say it´s a record breaking year, even for Mérida...wooo. What luck I have. 

Mayan...
-co´ox virar: umm... I think it means someone who changes (like religion) 
-kekem: cerdo: pig

I learned...
-If an investigator goes to Gospel Principles class it counts as a lesson with a member present....do you know how many lessons I haven´t counted!!?? 
-How to be a Sister Training Leader....It´s more than you think

No comments:

Post a Comment