Monday, June 8, 2015

Family, Rain, & Libro de Mormon

Shout out to my baby sister who is turning 18 this week....Love you!!! 
¡Que tal!

Hello my dearest people. The work continues here in beautiful Campeche. (And really..it´s beautiful) This week:

Family History Moment: I was teaching the Relief Society president how to use familysearch.org and we totally found the census with the names of her grandparents and her dad. It was one of those incredible moments when I could feel that the veil isn´t all that thick and that families really can be forever....how incredible is our Heavenly Father´s plan. :) 

An old investigator called up the elders this week and told them he wants to get baptized...and he lives in our area. BTW no one ever calls out of the blue and says that they want to get baptized. Hno Angel is a recovering alcoholic who is trying to quit drinking and he really, really, really wants to change his life and watching him watch his four year old daughter and talk about how much he wants to change for her just about broke my heart. His baptism should be in just about 5 weeks (or sooner....but we haven´t told him that). :) 

I got completely fried this week....I thought I was tan and that I couldn´t burn anymore. HAH. Yeah....no. 

In other news about the weather, we went to visit an investigator when it started to rain. And when I say rain, I mean RAIN. The road literally turned into a little river as we hid out in our investigators house. On the plus side: 
1. we were inside and not out contacting
2. she gave us pocorn while we were waiting out the rain #firstpopcornin9months
The rainy season has offically begun here in Campeche...and the drainage system here is horrible. The thought actually passed through my head yesterday that I should have brought my water boots. haha. 

Rain. So much water you wouldn´t even believe it. 


I finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish this week. I read the whole thing cover to cover in five weeks and can I just tell you something.... IT¨S TRUE. And the more I read the Book of Mormon the more I come to understand my Savior and what He wants for me. I know that book is true. And I know that it changes lives....I´ve seen it in others, and I´ve also seen it in myself. I know I´m not perfect, but I know I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and has made it possible that through His Only Begotten Son I can be a little bit better every day.

And there´s nothing better than that. Sending you all of my love!!

¡Vale la pena!

Hermana Wilson

This is 85% of my house. 

My desk

No comments:

Post a Comment