Monday, November 9, 2015

Change, Time, & Five

Sunday in Santa Lucía
Hola!

We had a sisters´ conference this week. It was the first one we´ve had here and it was pretty awesome. They gave us roses and pep-talks and then Presidente gave us some advice:
1. Go home
2. Get married....fast
3. Have children...also fast, none of this waiting to have children thing, that´s flse doctrine.
4. Let your body recover 
5. Have more children
**Bonus: Those children should speak 3 or 4 languages

Conferencia de las hermanas - Misión México Mérida 03/11/2015
That is literally what he told us...no pressure or anything. haha. You have to love Presidente García. 

Also, I had to go to Immigration...hooray for being a foreigner...But that meant that we went to Mérida twice week.

Immigration Part 2
It also means that we ate Krispy Kremes. It was good day. 
Krispy Kreme!

In between all of that madness we actually got to work in our area too. And we had some really cool things happen like:
1. Contacting a golden investigator in the street
2. Finding a taxista who was interested in baptisms for the dead in an area where there aren´t even taxis normally.
3. Having an investigator read the Plan of Salvation pamphlet and understand it 

It was a good week.



We also got Zone t-shirts. They make us look like smurfs. #we´resocool
Zona Campeche....aka Smurf Zone

Last night were changes and the only thing worse than waiting for transfers is waiting until midnight for transfers....#thankyouelders. I was terrified (slight exageration) that they were going to take my daughter away, or send me away, or worse- close my area...But we´re both staying here one more change!! Woo!


For those of you who are counting that makes 5 changes here...

It´s a good thing I love Santa Lucía.

Hna Fatima 
Saraí! 
But really though, part of why I was so nervous before transfers was cause I felt like I hadn´t finished my work here. And I am so so excited to keep working here. I love this area. I love Campeche. And I LOVE these people. 

I love this work and I love being a missionary. I see the Heavenly Father´s hand in everything that we do and I know He is helping this work along.

I love you all!! 


¡Vale la pena!

Hermana Wilson

Our cellphone is Yucateco....

No comments:

Post a Comment