Monday, August 31, 2015

Manos, Mosquitos, & Minions

Hola!!!!!!!!!!!

This week I got to leave the house!

And that automatically makes it better than last week. 

This was also a big dinner eating week.
-Hna Allen and I bought pizza Tuesday night. #prosofhavinganamericancomp
-Wednesday night a Hna Tere bought us tamales
-Hna Fatima bought us hamburgers Thursday
-Friday Hna Marina brought us arroz con leche
-And Saturday was leftover night. hahaha
(Just so you all know I´m being taken care of.)

So not to alarm anyone (mother....) but the mosquitos here are a plague...and they are literally spreading like three plagues: 
1. Dengue
2. Chikanguya (I have no idea how you actually spell that)
3. Sica (this one is new) 

BONUS You can have them all at the same time. Aren´t mosquitos fun?? 

Needless to say Hermana Allen and I now carry bug spray at all times and swat like mad every time we think a mosquito might be near us. 

Also it´s a great excuse to hit your companion. (As I found out when Hna Allen wacked me in the face the other day.) 

We went did visits with the young women this week to find some less actives and it was quite aweseome. We split up and I took 5 yound women from 13 to 17 with me. We were quite a sight; especially when we got on a bus and I started contacting and they were staring like I was ET. haha #teenagers 

The YW & I out working!! 
This week I felt like I saw the Hand of the Lord everywhere; from a less active letting us in when we had heard that she doesn´t accept visits from anyone, to showing up just after a recent convert had prayed and told Heavenly Father she just couldn´t do it anymore, to having your part member family show up to church for the first time... I know that this is His work and that He is very, very present. I have seen miracles.

And I am hoping for more. 

I love you all!!!!! 

¡Vale la pena!

Hermana Wilson  



No comments:

Post a Comment