Monday, August 17, 2015

Hills, Meetings, & Little Things (Letter from last week...)

This was a week of a lot of meetings, and not a lot of sleep.  :)

But that´s the best way to do things right?? 

After writing you all last Monday we went on another adventure with Hna Fatima in Centro. I learned several things: 
-there is incredible carrot cake here
-most of the catholic churches are around 500 years old
-Baby shark is pretty tasty

Then we went to Mérida, where I realized exactly how much Campeche how stolen my heart because Mérida doesn´t feel like MY city like Campeche does. But we did stay in Hna Mejía´s old area and I got to catch up with Hna Torres. :) Love her. We spent almost all day Tuesday in a meeting with Presidente in which I totes cried because that´s what I do when the Spirit is strong. 

#Iblamemymother


I love them!
In between the other two meeting we had this week and exchanges (more on that later) I didn´t get a whole lot of time in my area, but what I realized is that it´s the little things that count. Like going to visit investigators who send you home with oreos because ALL the gringos love oreos. #racistbuttrue Or like running out of back-up plans and going to visit a member and having the best lesson of the day. Or having your investigator tell you they finally got their answer.

Those are the best things. :) 

And about those exchanges, I went to Alameda to work with Hna Velasquez and let me tell you, there are a LOT of hills in her area. We went running in the morning and by the middle of the day my legs were legit shaking from the hills and stairs and the running. haha I´m so out of shape......but let me tell you, it is so worth it to see Campeche from the top of the hills. And to work with Hna Velasquez. She´s from Pocatello. And I love her.

And it is so so so worth it to be a missionary. I love my job. And I love you all. 

¡Vale la pena!

Hermana Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment