Monday, August 3, 2015

Incepcion, Divisions, & Degrees

Hola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all I need to announce something: last week I wrote in my letter that I was 19. As my mother so kindly reminded me, I am in fact 20 (almost 21). #that´sembarrassing 

Just so everyone´s aware. 

Anyway... It´s officially the rainy season here in Campeche, and after a really hot week of my comp praying for it to rain on us...it rained.

A LOT. 
More rain... with Hna Sarai
And I´ve become one of those missionaries who walks around proselyting in the rain. Not going to lie, I love to see people´s faces as we walk past in the pouring rain. They legit think we´re crazy (because when it rains here it RAINS), but it´s all good until someone actually lets us in their house and we drip on their floors. 

Rain. This is called being a legit missionary. (If you can´t tell, we´re soaking wet.)
This week we also had the Incepcion version of divisions. I was on divisions with Hna Ellgen when they called us up and said the hermanas in Sascalum had no food because Hna Silva had Chikangua (I have nooooo idea how you spell that) and couldn´t leave the house and so we went there and got them food. And then went on divisions during the divisions (ooo..Incepcion...) because Hna Vega had an interview in the chapel with President and Hna Silva couldn´t leave her hammock. So I went with her to do that then finally were on our way to back to my area just in time for the Zone leaders to call and tell us we needed to go to the church for a meeting. -_-

Then Hna Ellgen asked if my days were always like this.... #no

But after all that craziness, we actually had a really good week. We found people to teach, we have an investigator progressing, I only caught one lizard in the bathroom...

It was a good week. :) 

And this is what I am learning: that life is a game of degrees. Satan doesn´t tempt up us with big leaps into sin, he tries to talk us into lowering our standards just a little bit at a time...until eventually we´re in a lot of trouble. (Go read Alma 47) On the other hand, the best people I know, the really truely good people are that way because the do the little things without fail even when no one is watching. I´ve come to understand that it is the little things we do, not necesarily the big things, that determine who we really are and who we will become. 

Studying like a champ.... #don´tjudgemyartskills and #don´tgodown!
And I just want to be good. 

I love you all! And I Love, Love, Love being a missionary.

¡Vale la pena!

Hermana Wilson

My ward loves me. #rootbeerinMexico

GIANT Tamales with a the Gamboa Family

No comments:

Post a Comment