Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Heat, Hair, & Ojala

Querida Familia (and the rest of you people I love),

First of all I would just like to let you all know that is was 105 or above ALL WEEK!. And that´s not that bad when you go from AC in the house to AC in the car yada yada...but when you´re walking around in the street.

Yeah, it´s hot. And it´s just getting started is what they tell me. haha I literally carry a towel around for the sweat. #glamourousmissionlife

Second, Miguel got baptized!!! We had a few adventures with his interview (we showed up like 5 minutes late to the church and he had already left), but it all went really well. And Miguel is like the humblest sweetest person you´ve ever met. :) And he is offically a member and it makes me really happy since we´ve been teaching him since February. 

Miguel, Dionisio (my convert from Jan. !!!) Hna Torres & I 
Hna Torres and I are getting along really well. We work differently but we´re learning a lot from each other and we´re going to make good things happen here in Chuburná!!! We had our first exchanges with some of the sisters in our zone this week and it was so good. I was working with a sister who dies this transfer and she was great to teach with. I feel like even though I´m supposed to be doing the training I´m going to be learning so much from the sisters in our zone. 

We´ve been working with a less active family this week and every time we go there the little girls take my hair out of it´s bun and then do something with it. Haha and then they tell me I look like a princess. Gaining hearts of less active one hairdo at a time. 

This week I practiced my diligence. I´ve been here for a long time, but there is still so much work to be done here and so many people to find. We taught a lot of people this week and what I learned more than anything else is that EVERYONE needs the gospel. Even if the don´t realize it.

Especially if they don´t realize it.

The gospel is the answer to everything. And if embrace it; really really embrace it with all our heart, might, mind, and strength; it changes lives. It makes good things better and the best things even better. :) I love the gospel. I love sharing it.

And I love you all.


¡Vale la pena!

Hermana Wilson

Hna Rhondeau y yo

No comments:

Post a Comment