Monday, July 20, 2015

Transfer 7: Santa Lucia 4

Best Things...
-Santa Lucia loves missionaries. And they haven´t had sisters for a looonnnngg time. They REALLY love sister missionaries. 

Worst Things...
-Directions that are basically like ¨you´re gonna go straight until you see a tree..it´s a tall tree with leaves... and then you turn left and then right at the mangy-looking dog that´s always sitting in the corner..and it´s the third house made out of blocks. You can´t possibly get lost¨ -_- Yes, yes I can get lost. 

Things that are working for me...
-Luggage strap. I have two hands. And three suitcases. My luggage strap saved my life in transfers. 

I wish I would have known...
-It floods in Campeche...

Food...
-Hna Torres taught me how to make pupusas. I´m basically Guatamalan now. haha. 
-Pitaya: it´s a fruit...I´m not sure how you spell it, but it is delicious

Fun Facts about Mexico/This Mission...
-There are more people with light eyes here
-Campechanos are taller than Yucatecos
-Shopping is better in Campeche. Go to Centro... I liked Melody. (It´s a store)

Weather...
-It´s cooler in Campeche but more humid
-Also there are hurricanes here...

Mayan...
-chancole: little woman
-box caualic: que dice: what do you say
-bixán: como estás: how are you
-xexek: your hair is crazy
-hasta sama: until tomorrow
-sucum: brother

I learned...
-How to open an area! 

No comments:

Post a Comment