Monday, May 4, 2015

Churros, Chances, & Carlos

Hola! 

First of all, it was only like in the mid-80s for most of the week, and it seriously made my life. Do you know how nice it is to not be actively sweating all day long?? It was awesome....but I´m told the heat will be returning promptly. #woo

Second of all, we had traingings and interviews with Presidente this week. He´s literally such a powerhouse but also hilarious all at the same time. I love him.

This week Hna Torres and I got to go the JAS (YSA) conference that was on the beach and give a mission prep class with the assistentes and Hna Garcia and it was amazing! I got to see the ocean for the first time since I´ve been here (family-take note, we´re back there some day), and talk to a bunch of youth about why they should repent and go on a mission. Also Hna Garcia got us Costco food after. For the record, Costco is exactly the same here as in the states. #chickenbakeandachurro







And as I was giving these presentations I realized that Heavenly Father has been preparing me for this. I´ve "missed out on" a few experieces in my life; things that at the time I thought really I wanted but that I didn´t get. But I didn´t get to do those things because Heavenly Father had a different plan in mind. He knew that there was a better way for me to use my talents. And here I am, in Mexico, giving presentations and trainings (in Spanish, mind you); things that I didn´t even think of doing when I turned my papers in. And I am living it. Every single minute that I get here in the mission. 




Like when Carlos got baptized this week. He´s been baptized three times in other churches but has finally found the truth and acted upon it.Or Miguel, my recent convert who told us that he just feels different now. Better. 

Photo: Carlos´s baptism w/ Hna Torres and Hna Castro


Heavenly Father has a plan for each and every one of us. And it is so so so much better than anything we could have come up with on our own. Because He is perfect and He wants us to be happy and He knows exactly what we need to do to be able to be happy. And if we follow Him, and let Him guide our lives; He will make of us what we could never make of ourselves. 

I love my Heavenly Father. I love being a missionary. And I love you all.

¡Vale la pena!

Hermana Wilson









No comments:

Post a Comment