Monday, November 10, 2014

Colonials, Perros, & Leaders

Hola Everybody!!!

Week two everyboy. This week was a little different. Because my compañera is AWESOME we got to go to the Counsel of Leaders (I think that´s how it translates...??) two times this week, which is for zone leaders and sister training leaders. So there were all these great leaders of the mission and Presidente & Hermana Garcia

....And me...who doesn´t speak Spanish....or know who to be a missionary.....

But I learned a lot!!! Hah.

We talked about having a Vision, Goals, & Plans. Your vision is the why, the goals the what, and the plans the who, were, how, etc. It was really awesome to get to be there at the beginning of my mission surrounded by all these missionaries at the end-ish of their missions because I got to kind of see my vision in action; the kind of missionary I want to be at the end of my mission. Something I think is really important is to always have a end-goal, because if you don´t know where you´re going any road will do, and any road isn´t going to get you to your full potential. And I WANT to reach my full potential; as a missionary, as a representative of Christ, and as a person in general.

I was very motivated if you can´t tell. hah

As far as normal, every-day, missionary life goes it´s kind of difficult here. I don´t know if I explained it very well, but my companion and I replaced the elders that were here before. So the area is new to both of us, we inherited like four investigators, and the area book was...well...it was a disaster. haha. We´re in the building phase of trying to find people to teach, trying to get the investigators we do have to progress, getting to know the members, and the area. It´s almost like opening a whole new area. It´s kind of an uphill battle at times, but I´m enjoying it a lot. The ward here is really great, they really want to take care of us and help us find people to teach, so that´s a super big blessing. And there´s a lot of untapped potential in the area so we hope to get the ball really rolling soon.

NdH con la familia Mull
We have some investigators with potential. And it´s crazy to me how much I want them to want this for themselves. It´s so hard to know exactly what it takes for them to have better lives and then they don´t do those things.
The struggle is real.

Interesting stories for the week:

 A man called us angels the other day. He was drunk but...I think it still counts. haha

Okay, let me explain something for you: none of the streets here make sense!! Haha we´re lost a lot because our map and the actual streets don´t exactly match up. The way directions work here is that you have one street that the house is on, the two streets that it´s between and the house number, and the name of the colonial.

Colonials are like little neighborhood-cities within the city itself. I don´t really know how to explain them because there´s really no equivalent in the US.

So basically it´s an adventure!

A lot of you asked if it´s beautiful, and it is, the weather has been AWESOME, it´s been cool and beautiful and a nice adjustment before it gets really hot. And there are beautiful trees and the buildings are bright colors. But it´s also really dirty, there´s trash everywhere, and by US standards the people are really poor for the most part.
Hammocks for days!
Also the dogs. There are dogs everywhere. I hate them. I am a cat person. And I am infinitely grateful that the ones that bark at me are for the most part behind gates. Did I mention I hate them??

Anyway, I love you all!! I love being a missionary. Spanish is coming a little bit every day. I´m talking more in lessons so that´s good. And we´re trying to finish my training early so we´ll see how that goes. Hope you all have a great week!!


¡Vale la pena!

Hermana Wilson

Displaying DSCN0383.JPG
Last day at the MTC with our Mission President's wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment