Monday, January 11, 2016

Maria del Socorro, Highs, & Lows

Hola!

So we had some long days and some miracle days this week:

It was the Día de los Reyes Magos (the wise men have their own holiday here), and we ate rosca at least 4 or 5 times. I love how everyone is so willing to share everything with us; from less actives to investigators, or even just random people we just met. There are still a lot of good people in this world. 

 We got eaten alive by mosquitos out in San Camilo with Hermana Rebeca, but on the plus side she sat down and listened even with the giant bloodsuckers attacking us. #itwasashortlesson

It went from really hot...to REALLY cold....to really hot again. And by that I mean it went from 95 to 70. My life is hard. 

I cut my hair. It was necessary...but slightly traumatic.

We´re teaching this family (it´s like three extended families or something confusing like that), and they are hilarious. There´s Kevin and Axel who are cousins (11 & 15 respectively) that start dancing every time they hear music. Then there´s Hermana Maria del Socorro. She´s ancient. She gives us spaghetti.  She may have loved the old elders, and threatened not to listen to another missionary after we leave. She´s hilarious. I don´t even know how to explain her. 

We walked a lot this week. We literally felt like we taught no one. And then every day at the end of the day we realized that we actually had good days. We´re not sure exactly how it happens but we´re okay with it. We found some really amazing investigators, and two people came to church this week!

PS I finished the Book of Mormon this week too!


I know I´ve said this a million and five times, but I´m really learning that the good times come right after the bad ones. Every. Single. Time. We just have to keep pushing, and it all works out. When we put forth our best effort Heavenly Father steps in and makes it enough. 

And that is why I love being a missionary. And I love you all.

¡Vale la pena!

Hermana Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment