Friday, May 9, 2014

Called to Serve


Dear Sister Wilson,

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the México Mérida Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months. 

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, September 17, 2014. You will prepare to teach the gospel in the Spanish language...

I can't really explain how I felt when I read those words. 
The words that I kept saying over and over again (and I'm still saying it) was:
It's perfect.
I didn't really have a place that I wanted to go before I opened my call
But if I could have picked for myself
That would be it.
It's so perfect for me:
I wanted to speak Spanish
And go foreign
And I love spicy food
And I didn't want to be cold all the time
And it's surrounded by Book of Mormon history.
It's perfect.

And I cannot wait to go serve the Lord!




I was lucky enough to have my friends and family there.
That made it so much better. :) 


This is probably my favorite picture of the day.
They're staring at my call so intently. :)
Or a toy... probably a toy.

Also I didn't cry!! Be impressed.  
Yeah, I had no idea where it was. 


Mérida here I come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment